It has been so long since I remember the last time I truly enjoy Manila International Book Fair. It is the biggest book fair in the country and I couldn’t help it but fell in love with books again. My day started meeting Danica of The Hogsmeade Reader and Donna of Sirena Reader! These two people are so generous that I received a box full of swags and Korean merchandises (+ a cute memento of a cat!)
Afterward, we went to the media launch of Moymoy Lulumboy: Ang Ugat at Propesiya organized by Lampara Books where they showcase two more books from Sir Segundo Matias, Jr., Angelica Ang Multo ng Balete Drive, and Monito Ang Mabait na Demonyo. You can read the rest of the event recap of this event on Erika’s blog, The Nocturnal Fey.
In this event, we were able to reunite with Anne Valencia. We didn’t know that she was one of the organizers of Moymoy Lulumboy’s event. She was one of our old bookish friends! Ricky Lee, the author of Para Kay B, was also at the event. We were able to take a photo with him
but I’m not going to share the photo because I look like a monster than a bear. After the event, we drop by to Adarna House and Visprint to buy a bundle of Janus Silang by Edgar Samar and poetry books; Talik, Antares, and Mujeres Publicas by Mesandel Virtusio Arguelles.
After buying the three books that I got from Ate Pryn of Haliya Publishing, I also give her the print outs of my commission art from Alex of Astro Jimbo Art. We were able to catch up about books and they were able to meet Bea from Confession of a Pinay Bookaholic and Myrth from Tales Past Midnight! Meeting them and being with them all throughout the event makes this book fair more special. We talk about great reads, amazing experiences as a book blogger, booth hopping, prize and merchandise hunting, and of course, the wonders of 8 CUTS ONION RINGS! We ordered two buckets of it!
Danica and I were able to visit Webnovel‘s booth and got pins and bookmarks inspired by The King’s Avatar which made me happy! I am so in love with the anime and I’m looking forward to read the novel. I also advised Beatrice and Myrth to go to the booth because who doesn’t want a free swag? Then we meet at the Book Depository booth. They are so kind that they give us a lot of bookmarks and promo code. I will be sharing the promo code here and take advantage of the discount and order through the book depository until September 22nd!
After visiting the Book Depository booth, we grab dinner and head to 8 Cuts in Mall of Asia! This is my first time eating here and I couldn’t be happier and thankful to Myrth for suggesting the place.
This year’s Manila International Book Fair is amazing. I was occupied. It was productive. It was amazing. I had a chance to meet the virtual friends that became real-life friends from book blogging to bookstagram. I was able to unite with some old friends and promote books that I love. Before I end this short recap, here’s a photo of us with Jaed of @wanderlustbibliophile who works in Fullybooked!
Below, find the list of the books that I was able to buy and acquire during the 40th Manila International Book Fair:
- Talik by Mesandel Virtusio Arguelles | c/o Haliya Publishing
- Antares by Mesandel Virtusio Arguelles | c/o Haliya Publishing
- Mujeres Publicas by Mesandel Virtrusio Arguelles | c/o Haliya Publishing
- Angelica: Ang Multo ng Balete Drive by Segundo Matias, Jr. | Lampara Books
- Monito: Ang Mabait na Demonyo by Segundo Matias, Jr. | Lampara Books
- Moymoy Lulumboy: Ang Ugat at ang Propesiya by Segundo Matias, Jr. | Lampara Books
- ARC of Medallion Status by John Hodgman | National Bookstore
- Salamangka by Ian Sta. Maria | Summit Books
- Melag by B. Redila | Adarna House
- Janus Silang Book 3 by Edgar Samar | Adarna House
- Janus Silang Book 4 by Edgar Samar | Adarna House
- Poopo The Cute & Many Other by Apol Sta. Maria | Adarna House
- Sandali by Mikey Jimenez and Mikey Marchan | Adarna House
- Sandali by Mikey Jimenez and Mikey Marchan (Clean Version) | Adarna House
- Ang Hari ng Komyut Ang pagkilala by Lizette Daluz | Adarna House
- Sa Timog ng Alameda by Lola Larra and Vicente Reinamontes | Adarna House
- After Lambana by Eliza Victoria and Mervin Malonzo | Visprint
- Bertong Badtrip by Manix Abrera | Visprint
- Trese, Stories from the Diabolical by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 1: Murder on Balete Drive by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 2: Unreported Murders by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 3: Mass Murders by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 4: Last Seen After Midnight by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 5: Midnight Tribunal by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 6: High Tide at Midnight by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Trese 7: Shadow Witness by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo | Visprint
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno – Garcia | Fullybooked
- Wicked Saints by Emily Duncan | Fullybooked
Lastly, before we wrap up the day, Danica and I went to Filbar’s and I obtained Todoroki and Roy Mustang Funko Pop!
I would like to thanks Lampara Books, National Bookstore, Fullybooked, Visprint – Haliya Publishing, Book Depository, and Webnovel for making my visit a day to remember. Of course, to the friends that I have been with – to Donna, Beatrice, Anne, Danica, Jaed, Ate Pryn, Kuya Mervin, and to all the people I was able to meet during the fair.
Happy Book Shopping and Stay Healthy!